Friday 29 February 2008

Loveliest place on Earth

For me, it's this place called BITS-Pilani, at Latitude 028°37’ North and Longitude 075°75’ East. I must confess that I have not travelled much or seen many places on this globe to prove the point. But then I am not trying to convince anyone, and may be it's not the most beautiful spot. It's the special relationship that you hold with a particular place that makes you feel so attached to it. Not just the beauty of the place itself. Those dark corridors of the Physics department, the lovely new wing of Malviya Bhawan (NWDFM - new wing downstairs facing MB), and the splendid surroundings of Sharada Temlpe are, by far and probably remain so forever, the loveliest spots on this earth for me.

So what's in it? Well, a lot, I would say. The days I have spent at BITS, especially my last semester (Au-Dec'00) are the most memorable ones. Ummm....just memorable? I can't say that. The pleasant afternoon hours spent watching those little squirrels, peacocks and other birds (and occassinally graced by four legged creatures), at that tiny man-made pool are not just memorable. Also not are those hours spent in the early winter mornings circling the D-Lawns. And those visits to the Sharada Temple - such a lovely temple it is, the Diety, the temple the famous clock tower view and importantly numerous beautiful creatures taking shelter in the temple, their squeaks coupled with the morning song "Om Jai Jjagadish ..." Don't you say that's a wonderful experience? It's more than that...experience that remains with you forever.

And above all these, are the frequent ramblings across the dark corridors of the Physics Department, occassionally taking the 'balcony view' near the cooler. Well, nothing great, ordinary corridors, and a little beter-than-ordinary balcony view. But if everything is ordinary there, why do I mention it here? If everything there is ordninary why would one feel so much attached to that place? So attached that I intentionally try to avoid recollecting those memories! Yes, the feelings and emotions that this place has left in me are so strong that I feel completely taken over and ruined by those thoughts - the feeling that I missing it, that I am missing myself.


It's no paradise, it's BITS!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Shiva gaaru meeru rasinadi chaduvutunte na shantiniketan experience gurtuku vachindi. Akkada chadavaledu kani velli chusochhanu. Akkada adugupedutune nannu nenu marchipoyanu. Bahusa konni places, manushulato evo bandhalu untayi...Poorva janma bandhalu...anduke ala anipistundemo. Kani okasari bits matram tappakunda velli chusi vastanu.Thanks for the nice post. Intakumundu chadivina comment pettaledu..Anduke marosari ila palakariddam ani

Siva said...

@ Sailabala gaaru: chaala chaala thanks for the comment. meerannadi nijame. konnito evo munupati relations undtaayi.

meeku BITS chusi raavalinpinchinaduku chaala santosham ga undi! nenu tarvatha konni saarlu vellanu. vellinappudalla, entha bhayam ga untundante...asalu aa emotions tattukolenu annathaga!